18 April 2013

divided basket

Noodlehead created the coolest pattern for a divided basket.  The divider helps the basket keep it's shape - it is sewed into the sides and bottom.

During one very long week where I watched jobs run on the computer at night, I stared at multiple pictures and blog entries on this basket - and made my own pattern.  This basket is big.  13.5" x 7.5" x 7.5".   But it's also the perfect size for a 'portable diaper changing station' gift. 


The left side is stuffed with diapers.  The right side has a blanket, outfit, Butt Paste, a couple of burp rags, and small package of wipes.   (I told you it's big!)  The outside fabric is a bottom weight fabric I found at JoAnns.  The lining is duck canvas.  Both layers are interfaced.  I love the orange canvas stripes on the handles.

I finished this bag just in time.  I cut it out on Thursday night.  My friend V. came over for sewing help on Friday night.  I was still fusing interfacing and just starting to sew it.  She commented several times that she thought it was really cute.  It was all I could do to make comments like 'I hope it turns out the way I expect'.  She was so excited when I showed up to her baby shower the next morning with this basket.  :) 

Then I had to make two more with some dinosaur fabric I have.


I'm not sure what I'm going to use these for, but they sure are cute.  I'd like to try it again with some quilting weight cotton.  Duck cloth + bottom weight + 2 layers of interfacing gets thick!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment